Associate Campus Pastor - Online
Full-Time (40 hours per week – Including weekends)
Reports to: Campus Pastor
Summary of Role
Emmanuel’s Associate Campus Pastor works under the leadership of the Campus Pastor to launch, lead, and grow the local campus. The associate campus pastor holds the primary responsibility for developing the campus in numeric and spiritual growth, champions the vision of Emmanuel to see people come to Christ and grow in Christ and develops relationships with community leaders, schools, and organizations to create thriving partnerships between Emmanuel and the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategic ministry plan in conjunction with the Campus Pastor with both spiritual and quantitative growth in mind.
- Work closely with centralized teams to design and maintain an effective organizational staff structure for your campus team.
- Evaluate and assure all ministry environments meet Emmanuel’s standard of excellence (weekend service environments, family ministry environments, etc.)
- Actively pursue participation in the local community to create strong partnerships. Seek regular opportunities for your campus to engage with organizations and individuals outside of weekend services.
- Offer regular encouragement to staff and volunteers serving in campus and centralized roles, while considering ideas to improve the overall experience and engagement for those attending.
- Direct all aspects of small groups at the campus. This includes regular and systematic leader training, group multiplication and the collection of feedback from participants and leaders. Work closely with centralized staff to create relevant curriculum that develops leaders into engaged ambassadors for Emmanuel.
- In coordination with centralized staff, ensure the facilitation of regular Impact Team training events, including assimilation experiences and training for new volunteers and attenders.
- Provide genuine care and concern for those in your campus by providing pastoral care for campus attenders. At times, in coordination with centralized staff, assure that the campus is well cared for in times of need.
- Establish and maintain regular office hours
- Work closely with centralized team to fully staff the campus
- Manage and direct the ongoing development of campus staff
- Attend all staff meetings
- Consistently engage campus Impact Team members through support and encouragement
- Assist in developing campus budget/Maintain campus budget throughout fiscal year
- Continue personal development through a growing relationship with Christ, professional development, and approved conferences
- Other related tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or college degree
- One year of experience in a leadership position with a proven history of growth
- Previous pastoral experience is preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in conflict resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational/administrative skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to learn and use Emmanuel’s systems (Rock, Planning Center, etc.) and learn and adapt to new technology
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team in a flexible and cooperative manner, self-motivated
- Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion when handling personal and ministry information
- Demonstrate a servant heart with spiritual maturity and sensitivity
- Champion the vision of Emmanuel Church
- Foster and promote a healthy staff culture by adhering to the Emmanuel Staff Behavioral Values
- Willingness to regularly participate in Emmanuel Church activities and events
- Agreement to abide by Emmanuel Church’s Expectations of a Staff Member which include:
- Financial support of the church with your tithe
- Attend one weekend service each week and monthly staff meetings
- Participate in community through small group
- Prioritize a Sabbath (one 24-hour period of time off work each week)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.)
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands.
- Required to read, speak, and hear.
- Occasional need to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.