- Reports to: Communications Pastor
Summary of Role:
The Communications Coordinator will support the planning, creative design, and implementation of Communications projects, events, and other initiatives of Emmanuel Church. The coordinator will work in tandem with Communications Staff and the staff of other departments and/or campuses to develop content and support ministry, bringing creative solutions and support to help accomplish the church’s mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively “advance plan” and take part in creative design and brainstorming meetings
- Assist in the development and updating of the church website, app, social media, and other digital assets
- Assist in the creation of Communications and Events Plans
- Take part in or lead photography and/or video shoots, as needed
- Assist in the development of processes that enable effective communication flow throughout the church
- Recruit, organize, and lead teams of volunteers for projects, as needed
- Other related tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in graphic arts, video, website development and/or creative arts
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team in a flexible and cooperative manner, self-motivated
- Proven skill with digital media
- Demonstrate ability to track expenses and stay within budget
- Demonstrate the ability to appropriately respond to content evaluation in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in conflict resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining quality
- Ability to learn and use Emmanuel’s systems (Rock, Planning Center, etc.) and learn and adapt to new technology
- Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion when handling personal and ministry information
- Demonstrate a servant heart with spiritual maturity and sensitivity
- Spiritual Requirements
- Champion the vision of Emmanuel Church
- Foster and promote a healthy staff culture by adhering to the Emmanuel Staff Behavioral Values
- Willingness to regularly participate in Emmanuel Church activities and events
- Agreement to abide by Emmanuel Church’s Expectations of a Staff Member which include:
- Financial support of the church with your tithe
- Attend one weekend service each week and monthly staff meetings
- Participate in community through small group
- Prioritize a Sabbath (one 24-hour period of time off work each week)
- Physical Requirements
- (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.)
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands.
- Required to read, speak, and hear.
- Occasional need to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.