Family Ministries Director/Pastor - Greenwood
Full-Time (40 hours per week – weekends required)
Reports to: Campus Pastor
Summary of Role
This position is responsible for managing Family Ministries staff and providing oversight and expertise in all Family Ministries programming, events and environments at an Emmanuel Church Greenwood Campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, train and manage campus Family Ministries staff
- Assist in the recruitment and training of centralized Family Ministries staff
- Assist in the recruitment, training and management of all Emmanuel interns
- Ensure Family Ministries continuity and excellence, including maintaining campus constants, in campus environments from birth – 24 years old
- Assist Family Ministries staff in the recruiting, training, developing, and scheduling of all Impact Team Members
- Support management of on-campus childcare
- Provide assistance and oversight in launching new campuses and initiatives in regards to Family Ministries
- Manage campus Family Ministries budgets
- Coordinate with Centralized Events Director on Family Ministries events
- Implement special programming elements for Big Weekends
- Oversight of social media accounts for Family Ministries
- Lead the Student Ministries team in all aspects of planning and execution for campus student ministry environments
- Readiness to speak or train at the request of a campus pastor for Impact Team Nights
- Other related tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- High school diploma or college degree
- Experience managing a team of employees and volunteers required
- Previous Family Ministries-related experience required
- Previous pastoral or counseling experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in conflict resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational/administrative skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to learn and use Emmanuel’s systems (Rock, Planning Center, etc.) and learn and adapt to new technology
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team in a flexible and cooperative manner, self-motivated
- Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion when handling personal and ministry information
- Demonstrate a servant heart with spiritual maturity and sensitivity
- Champion the vision of Emmanuel Church
- Foster and promote a healthy staff culture by adhering to the Emmanuel Staff Behavioral Values
- Willingness to regularly participate in Emmanuel Church activities and events
- Agreement to abide by Emmanuel Church’s Expectations of a Staff Member which include:
- Financial support of the church with your tithe
- Attend one weekend service each week and monthly staff meetings
- Participate in community through small group
- Prioritize a Sabbath (one 24-hour period of time off work each week)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position).
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands.
- Required to read, speak, and hear.
- Occasional need to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.