Full-Time (40 hours per week, some weekends required)
Reports to: Lead Graphic Designer
Summary of Role
Assist Lead Graphic Designer in all aspects of visual communication for Emmanuel Church. This role includes, but is not limited to, creating relevant, inspiring visual presentations for both online and print materials. The Graphic Designer will assist in executing creative, strategic, and clear solutions to ministry events, initiatives, and projects through design. This position requires an ability to apply specialized techniques within various forms of media and will be responsible for maintaining, refining, and championing the visual brand identity of Emmanuel Church.
Summary of Essential Functions
- Assists Lead Graphic Designer in the planning, designing, and implementing all visual communication needs for Emmanuel Church (including weekend services, ministries, campus environments, and special events).
- Execute tasks assigned by Lead Graphic Designer for all design projects to meet agreed-upon deadlines with a high level of excellence for each project.
- Design all types of print and web media, including promotional flyers, posters, weekly bulletin, templates, booklets, ads, posters, banners, and brochures, online email campaigns, social media and web graphics, digital page design, and other required design deliverables.
- Maintain established brand identity, including image, message, style, icons, font, and logo usage.
- Assist in the creation of monthly weekend series graphics.
- Attend planning and creative meetings as a contributor.
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging trends in visual communication and graphic design
- Assist Lead Graphic Designer with current and future technology needs.
- Perform other duties when requested by the Lead Graphic Designer.
- Foster and champion a healthy staff culture by adhering to Emmanuel Church's staff values and a growing personal relationship with Christ.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meeting schedules in an organized manner
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart with spiritual maturity and sensitivity
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team in a flexible and cooperative manner
- Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion when handling personal and ministry information
- Skilled in both print and web design with an understanding of the nuanced differences needed for both.
- Proficient in Adobe programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Dreamweaver [recommended])
- Well-versed in a wide range of graphic design techniques and concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time and project management skills. Able to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining the quality of design.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changes in direction or priority quickly
- Open-minded and willing to seek new trends in design and ways to stay relevant
- Understanding of branding and ability to work within an established visual framework.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment; execute work under tight production deadlines; manage a high work volume.
- Self-motivated with a strong creative drive and high attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve the project leader's vision while maintaining consistency and quality for Emmanuel's overall brand strategy
- Heart of a storyteller and ability to use media to reach others with the Gospel.