Full-Time (40 hours per week – Including weekends)
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Director
Summary of Role
The Digital Director will help us engage our community through a variety of digital platforms. The ideal candidate will have professional social media experience and be able to develop and execute digital marketing campaigns, monitor and interpret analytic data, and optimize the functionality of all our digital platforms.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Create and maintain a church-wide social media strategy (within the church’s overall communications strategy) that supports our ministry goals.
- Manage the church’s social media platforms in a Christ-like manner that engages the community.
- Understand the overall messaging of the church and how it can be implemented most effectively.
- Create content that is distributed through the various social media channels.
- Develop and implement digital advertising campaigns to increase brand awareness, website traffic, and engagement.
- Respond with professionalism to questions and concerns posted to church social media accounts in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date with current trends on digital platforms.
- Work with various church ministries to develop specific social media strategies that fit within the church’s overall branding and social media strategy.
- Identify, develop, and deploy social media volunteers to enhance the church’s social media effectiveness.
- Collect and communicate digital metrics that faithfully describe the effectiveness of the church’s social media ministry.
- Foster and champion a healthy staff culture by adhering to Emmanuel staff values and through a growing personal relationship with Christ
Required Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in marketing or communication) or equivalent working experience.
- Demonstrable experience managing the social media efforts of an organization.
- Deep understanding of current trends in digital platforms and how they are used within the work of the church.
- Some experience using Adobe Creative Suite products.
- A teachable self-starter.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and creative thinker with the ability to use data to inform strategy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining quality of design.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changes in direction or priority quickly.
- Open-minded and willing to seeking new trends in design and ways to stay relevant.
- Assist in implementing assigned church-wide initiatives as directed.