Marketing and Communications Director
Full-Time (40 hours per week – Including weekends)
Reports to: Executive Pastor (Communications, Events, IT, Weekend Services)
Summary of Role
The Marketing and Communications Director wants to use his or her marketing/communications skills to impact our community and world reach with the gospel. The ideal candidate thinks strategically and has experience leading a team of communications professionals in a deadline-driven work environment. This role will require a firm understanding of our church’s mission and brand.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Effectively manage a team of staff, freelance, and volunteer creators (print, web, video, social media, etc.) in a manner that aligns our various communications avenues.
- Serve as the church’s brand manager, responsible for safeguarding how the church’s brand is portrayed in all communications pieces.
- Work with local media outlets to share the stories about how our church is impacting the community.
- Develop the church’s marketing and communications plan that will attract new people into our communication channels, deepen their engagement, and strategically bring them into the life of the church.
- Create a system of quality control for all the communication the church produces, from web copy to emails to printed products to videos.
- Support the various teams and campuses by producing and supporting communication requests.
- Take ultimate responsibility for all pieces of church content, including print, email, social media, web, mobile app, etc. Ensure every piece of content is technically effective, grammatically correct, doctrinally accurate, and within the church’s brand framework.
- Work with the church’s facilities staff to ensure all signage throughout the campus communicates effectively within the brand framework.
- Foster and champion a healthy staff culture by adhering to Emmanuel staff values and through a growing personal relationship with Christ
Required Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and creative thinker with the ability to use data to inform strategy.
- An ability to manage the different “seasons” of the church.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time and project management skills. Able to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining quality of design.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changes in direction or priority quickly.
- Open-minded and willing to seek new trends in design and ways to stay relevant.
- Assist in implementing assigned church-wide initiatives as directed.