Worship and Host Team Director - Banta Campus
- Team: Banta Campus
- Reports to: Campus Pastor
Summary of Role: Worship Director/Pastor
The Campus Worship Director is responsible for overseeing all worship environments at the campus in alignment with the Emmanuel Church vision to see people come to Christ and grow in Christ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the execution of the centralized worship vision for the weekend service, serving with adult worship team on > 75% of weekends
- Facilitate the ongoing spiritual, musical, and worship development of the campus worship team through regular check-ins with Worship Team members and planning team workshops
- Manage communication and scheduling of campus worship team utilizing Planning Center.
- Recruit, audition, and onboard new musicians, following the standardized auditions and onboarding process
- Assist Campus Pastor in planning and leading bi-monthly Impact Team Nights
- Assist Campus Pastor in executing campus-specific events as needed (Funerals, Weddings, etc)
- Oversee and submit bi-weekly payroll for contracted worship and production Impact Team Members
- Collaborate with student ministries and family ministries teams to oversee the execution of high school, middle school, elementary, and pre-school worship experiences
- Other related tasks as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 2 years leading congregation worship and a worship team
- Proficiency in voice required. Proficiency in either guitar, bass, drums or piano preferred
- Ability to learn Ableton Live for purpose of finalizing the weekly campus-specific Ableton Project and for creating worship sets for campus-specific worship experiences
Summary of Role: Host
As host team director, this role will administer, coordinate, and support the recruitment, onboarding, and scheduling of host team members. This role will also create, maintain, and improve the experience of Emmanuel guests and host Impact Team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Impact Team members assigned to host team for weekend experience
- Recruit, train, and onboard new Impact Team members
- Schedule, follow up and confirm host team members using church scheduling software
- Oversee Impact Team operations during weekend services (Sunday, 8:00am-1:00pm)
- Monitor host Impact Team processes during the weekend service check-in with host team leaders/members for each service.
- Stock and set up eCafe space on a weekly basis
- Ensure execution of host team campus constants as provided by centralized staff
Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in conflict resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and use Emmanuel’s systems (Rock, Planning Center, etc.) and learn and adapt to new technology
- Strong organizational/administrative skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team in a flexible and cooperative manner, self-motivated
- Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion when handling personal and ministry information
- Demonstrate a servant heart with spiritual maturity and sensitivity
- General Requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
- Completed background check
- Spiritual Requirements
- Champion the vision of Emmanuel Church
- Foster and promote a healthy staff culture by adhering to the Emmanuel Staff Behavioral Values
- Willingness to regularly participate in Emmanuel Church activities and events
- Agreement to abide by Emmanuel Church’s Expectations of a Staff Member which include
- Financial support of the church with your tithe
- Attend one weekend service each week and monthly staff meetings
- Participate in community through small group
- Prioritize a Sabbath (one 24-hour period of time off work each week)
- Physical Requirements (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.)
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and reach with arms and hands.
- Required to read, speak, and hear.
- Occasional need to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.