Associate Worship Director
Full-Time (40 hours per week – Including weekends)
Reports to: Centralized Worship Pastor
Summary of Role
The Associate Worship Director is responsible for assisting the Centralized Worship Pastor in providing administrative support and pastoral care to the worship ministries of Emmanuel Church for the purpose of seeing people come to Christ and grow in Christ.
Summary of Essential Functions
• Provide consistent supportive leadership, creative input, structure, organization, communication, and coordination to support the worship ministries of Emmanuel.
• Serve on the Emmanuel Worship Impact Team 2-3 times per month.
• Oversee scheduling and coordination of the Worship Impact Team
• Meet with Worship Impact Team members regularly to connect, care, and encourage them.
• Assist with department planning and implementation of projects and in achieving goals.
• Manage RehearsalMix subscription for all Worship Impact Team members.
• Purchase and organize all PraiseCharts, MultiTracks, and MP3s.
• Manage Planning Center Online band communication through: Annotating chord charts, writing Music Director notes, choosing instrumentalist parts, and choosing vocal assignments.
• Assist in recruiting, auditioning, and onboarding new musicians for the Worship Impact Team, including all administrative support for campus recruitment and onboarding.
• Support, manage and help lead worship for our PreK through young adult environments.
• Attend regular staff meetings and additional meetings when requested.
• Assist Emmanuel Church staff with special services and events when requested.
• Foster and champion a healthy staff culture by adhering to Emmanuel staff values and through a growing personal relationship with Christ.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Experience: 2-3 years of serving and/leading on a worship team.
• Proficient skills in voice and piano or guitar.
• Proven administrative and organizational skills.
• Ability to learn Emmanuel systems, including Planning Center Online.
• Possess the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion with personal and ministry information.
• Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and environment effectively within a team-based, collaborative setting.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to learn the technological aspects of worship ministry, including Ableton and Mainstage.