Summary of Role:
The Graphic Designer will help fulfill the mission of Emmanuel Church, to see people come to Christ and grow in Christ, by creating relevant and inspiring visual presentations for both online and print. The Graphic Designer will work under the supervision of the Communications Director to develop and execute creative, strategic, and clear solutions to ministry events, initiatives, and needs. This position requires an ability to apply specialized techniques within various forms of media and will be responsible for maintaining, refining, and championing the visual brand identity of Emmanuel Church.
• Highly skilled in both print and web design with an understanding of the nuanced differences needed for both.
• Proficient in Adobe programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, Dreamweaver [recommended])
• Well-versed in a wide range of graphic design techniques and concepts
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent time and project management skills. Able to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining quality of design.
• Flexible and willing to adapt to changes in direction or priority quickly
• Open-minded and willing to seeking new trends in design and ways to stay relevant
• Able to take initiative
• Understanding of branding and ability to work within an established visual framework.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment; execute work under tight production deadlines, manage a high work volume.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
• Design all types of print and web media including promotional flyers, posters, weekly bulletin, templates, booklets, ads, posters, banners, and brochures, online email campaigns, social media graphics, and web graphics, digital page building, preparing proofs, obtaining quotes and estimates, and other required graphics.
• Maintain established brand identify including image, message, style, icons, font and logo usage.
• Apply design experience to creative solutions; work with and adjust written copy pertaining to graphic work.
• Execute design and layout concepts that are clear and concise.
• Occasionally complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, printers, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Previous experience with graphic design
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and meeting schedules
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team in a flexible and cooperative manner
• Demonstrate confidentiality and discretion when handling personal and ministry information
• Valid Indiana driver’s license
• Successful completion of a background check
• Assist in implementing assigned church-wide initiatives as directed
• Foster and champion a healthy staff culture by adhering to Emmanuel staff values and through a growing personal relationship with Christ