Full-Time, Salaried Position
Reports to: Executive Pastor of Multisites
Summary of Role Emmanuel’s campus pastors work under the leadership of the Executive Pastor of Multisites in order to launch, lead and grow the local campus. The campus pastor holds the primary responsibility for developing the campus in numeric and spiritual growth, champions the vision of Emmanuel to see people come to Christ and grow in Christ and develops relationships with community leaders, schools and organizations in order to create thriving partnerships between Emmanuel and the community.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop and implement a strategic ministry plan in conjunction with the Executive Pastor of Mulitsites with both spiritual and quantitative growth in mind.
• Work closely with centralized teams to design and maintain an effective organizational staff structure for your campus team.
• Evaluate and assure all ministry environments meet Emmanuel’s standard of excellence (weekend service environments, family ministry environments, etc.)
• Actively pursue participation in the local community to create strong partnerships. Seek regular opportunities for your campus to engage with organizations and individuals outside of weekend services.
• Offer regular encouragement to staff and volunteers serving in campus and centralized roles, while considering ideas to improve the overall experience and engagement for those attending.
• Direct all aspects of small groups at the campus. This includes regular and systematic leader training, group multiplication and the collection of feedback from participants and leaders. Work closely with centralized staff to create relevant curriculum that develops leaders into engaged ambassadors for Emmanuel.
• In coordination with centralized staff, ensure the facilitation of regular Impact Team training events, including assimilation experiences and training for new volunteers and attenders.
• Provide genuine care and concern for those in your campus by providing pastoral care for campus attenders. At times in coordination with centralized staff, assure that the campus is well cared for in times of need.
• Foster and champion a healthy staff culture by adhering to the Emmanuel Staff Behavioral Values
• Other duties assigned by Executive Pastor of Multisites
Campus Staff Administration
• Establish and maintain regular office hours
• Work closely with centralized team to fully staff the campus
• Manage and direct the ongoing development of campus staff
• Attend all staff meetings
• Consistently engage campus Impact Team members through support and encouragement
• Assist in developing campus budget/Maintain campus budget throughout fiscal year
• Continue personal development through a growing relationship with Christ, professional development and approved conferences
Job Skills and Requirements
• A champion of the vision of Emmanuel Church
• One year of experience in a leadership position with a proven history of growth
• Previous pastoral experience is preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in conflict resolution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational/administrative skills
• Self-motivated and flexible
• Ability to work independently and in team-oriented environments
• Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality in a ministry setting